Masterbatches for the automotive industry
Demanding solutions for automobile interiors / exteriors
We know: Developing the right color, functionality and stabilization for technical plastics in the automotive sector is a demanding task.
Plastics are being used more and more in the automotive industry with the aim of saving weight and reducing costs, paired with precise optical ideas, tight tolerances and a high level of striving for individuality, innovation and performance.
Interior components must meet the OEM-specific requirements for hot light fastness in addition to a high color match to the color template. Sensors and lamp housings are joined using a process-reliable and low-emission laser welding technology. Marking lasers enable fast and non-removable part coding. Process aids can optimize process reliability and reduce emissions. Application-specific specified masterbatches or combination masterbatches help to efficiently solve these diverse requirements.
Polymer-identical carrier systems are important for the greatest possible compatibility of the metered masterbatch with the technical polymers to be colored. As a service partner, we support you with our know-how in the choice of carrier and the development of your specific masterbatches.
Application examples for our masterbatch solutions in the automotive sector:
- Switches, handles, buttons, car keys
- Seat components
- Housing and plug connections
- Buckle / belt systems
- Interior and exterior parts
- Vehicle lights
Lifocolor solutions / products:
- LIFOCOLOR color masterbatches: interior colors according to the color master plate
- LIFOCOMP: Homogenized color distribution in the injection molding process
- Laser marking masterbatches LIFOLAS M
- Laser welding masterbatches LIFOLAS W
- LIFOSTAT: prevention of static charges
- LIFOSTAB: Protection against UV radiation and weather resistance
- LIFOSLIP: Improvement of flowability and mold filling as well as mold release aid
- LIFOMOD: Formaldehyde reduction during POM processing