Masterbatches for the automotive industry
Demanding solutions for automobile interiors / exteriors
We know: Developing the right color, functionality and stabilization for technical plastics in the automotive sector is a demanding task.
Plastics are being used more and more in the automotive industry with the aim of saving weight and reducing costs, paired with precise optical ideas, tight tolerances and a high level of striving for individuality, innovation and performance.
Interior components must meet the OEM-specific requirements for hot light fastness in addition to a high color match to the color template. Sensors and lamp housings are joined using a process-reliable and low-emission laser welding technology. Marking lasers enable fast and non-removable part coding. Process aids can optimize process reliability and reduce emissions. Application-specific specified masterbatches or combination masterbatches help to efficiently solve these diverse requirements.
Polymer-identical carrier systems are important for the greatest possible compatibility of the metered masterbatch with the technical polymers to be colored. As a service partner, we support you with our know-how in the choice of carrier and the development of your specific masterbatches.
Application examples for our masterbatch solutions in the automotive sector:
- Switches, handles, buttons, car keys
- Seat components
- Housing and plug connections
- Buckle / belt systems
- Interior and exterior parts
- Vehicle lights
Lifocolor solutions / products:
- LIFOCOLOR color masterbatches: interior colors according to the color master plate
- LIFOCOMP: Homogenized color distribution in the injection molding process
- Laser marking masterbatches LIFOLAS M
- Laser welding masterbatches LIFOLAS W
- LIFOSTAT: prevention of static charges
- LIFOSTAB: Protection against UV radiation and weather resistance
- LIFOSLIP: Improvement of flowability and mold filling as well as mold release aid
- LIFOMOD: Formaldehyde reduction during POM processing
Learn more about color masterbatch solutions for engineering plastics.
Information about our products can be downloaded from the Downloads area.
Do you have questions or need support from our experts? Then please contact us!